Thursday, November 29, 2012

Toenail Fungus Treatment: Before and After Pictures

Today's post will cover my own personal journey "curing" toenail fungus. I'll show my own before and after pics and go over the treatments I used.

Starting Point

Here are the beginning images:


Those are just my big toes, obviously. I had the fungus on all my toes to varying degrees. Those pics are also available in another post on this site.

Growing increasingly embarrassed over my toenails, I looked for some solutions. I chose thyme oil, and for the time being, it was my only treatment. I used it twice per day. For each foot, I applied Thyme Oil from a cotton pad. 3 drops covered all the nails of one foot.

About 2 weeks later...

I noticed the thyme oil was improving the look of each nail. However, I wanted to quicken the results. I decided to also use a more intensive approach. I decided to use filing boards for nails, as found in many drugstores.

Below are the pics I took right before getting to work on my feet. For detailed instructions on this treatment, click here.



And about 30 minutes later:



What a difference! You can see some of the nail shavings in the background. I used sanding sticks and really worked hard to smooth everything down.

The nail also smoothed more in the coming days, and I used very fine sanders also. The thyme increases nail shininess, so the abraded areas were even less noticeable. Overall, I was elated (and surprised) at how much better my feet looked.

And about two weeks after that...

I kept using the thyme oil, every day. Toenail fungus can definitely come back, if you aren't careful. The fungi spores are very strong.

Here is a more recent picture of how well my nails have improved recently:

Now that the nail is treated, I just need to maintain, mostly. Thyme, frequently cleaning of gunk from under nail (sock lint, etc). And yes, I should probably get to waxing my toes some time :)

So I hope some of this helped you! Curing toenail fungus is not expensive at all, and can be done very quickly. Make a habit of taking better care of your feet, and you will be rewarded.

1 comment:

  1. Fungal infection of the toenail is a common complaint that causes thick, brittle toenails. The infected toenail may be crumbling, yellow, tender, or even painful to the touch. Fungal nail infections can be caused or aggravated by several things, including nail injuries, tight or restrictive shoes, prescription medications, and general ill health. Dermal Therapy Fungistop

    ReplyDelete